With more competition, it’s vital that your business practices also evolve. This is one of the best ways for your website to stay above the competition.
One of the aspects of running a business and a website, which is also the hardest, is in marketing. With the dawn of digital forms of marketing, you’ve also got to adapt to automated strategies. One of these is marketing automation.
Learn more about marketing automation by reading through below.
What’s Marketing Automation?
Marketing automation refers to the platforms and technologies that comprise marketing automation software. These are meant to help businesses have better marketing practices on digital platforms. This includes the Internet, social media sites, email, and the like. Repetitive tasks are also automated, so it cuts down the need for human beings to keep on doing it themselves.
The process first starts with members of the marketing team and consultants working together to specify criteria and outlines of specific marketing tasks and processes. These are then interpreted and executed by the marketing automation software. In effect, there’s less human error, and productivity and efficiency are better achieved.
What Are Its Benefits?
There are many reasons for you to consider marketing automation, as this leads to many benefits for your business. Some of these include:
#1. Generates More Quality Leads
Leads refer to the possible clients that you can reach for your business. Perhaps you’ve already successfully generated a list of leads. These are people that you continuously reach out to through email, for instance, in the hopes of positive conversion into paying clients. But, are you sure that these leads are of good quality?
Marketing automation enables you to achieve this by allowing inbound lead generation more effectively. Because it’s all automated, you can time and schedule your emails or messages more effectively, such that it reaches your potential leads at the right time.
Other ways include:
- Automatically tracking downloads on your website. This also shows how many visitors visited your site and what their activity was. It enables you to tweak your emails or messages more to matters that interest your potential customers when you’re able to track what it is they’re downloading from your site.
That way, your efforts of lead generation through emails don’t just result in unopened emails.
- Automatically activate pre-sale query forms. This refers to the forms that pop up on your site, even before a sale. In general, it’s to invite your site’s visitors to sign up for updates as to when new products will be posted or when a promotion will arrive.
#2. Enables You To Nurture Your Leads
Ideally, marketing automation should be likened to a process of growing a garden. For your plants to flourish and grow, you have to nurture them. The same applies to marketing. For your potential leads to increase and be converted to successful, paying customers, you have to nurture your leads as well.
Marketing automation allows you to achieve this through the following ways:
- Providing personalized, useful content. With so many websites on the Internet today, Internet users are looking for sites that offer original, personalized, useful, and relevant content. If you want to stand out, you’ve got to make sure that your website offers these.
- Reaching out to your leads regularly until they get converted to paying customers. In most cases, this is going to be hard. Marketing automation makes it easier since your team no longer has to do the task of regularly monitoring and sending messages.
#3. It’s Easy To Use
No, you don’t have to be a technical expert for you to successfully apply marketing automation strategies in your website. Because of its ease of use, many businesses have benefited from it.
Here are some ways that marketing automation has simplified many tasks for businesses:
- Manage your subscribers’ list, create campaigns, and send them through email all in one interface.
- Expand your business’ view of customers, beyond just Google Analytics data.
- Automatically run tests of your emails – to find the messages that spoke best to your clients.
- Define goals all in one setting.
- Evaluate the progress of goals set, through the use of portable devices and other productivity apps.
Marketing automation is a significant potential for success for all businesses across the globe. It puts you at par with the many other more prominent companies that have also trod on the path of automation. You can easily see positive changes in your company’s earning capacity when you begin to practice automation in your marketing plans and strategies.
If there’s any change that you should make in your business this coming year, marketing automation should be one of the top priorities.