Building contractors count on trouble-free construction projects to maintain their profit margins and contribute to their reputations in the building industry. When Building construction accidents happen, it can be costly for the contractor in both money and time. There are at least 7 components in the safety protocols for construction. Safe practices and good management practices often result in more profitable construction projects.
Improve Job Safety and Productivity to Improve Profits
Of the many components of safety and productivity in commercial construction projects using concrete, the most important construction step is to choose the right and best quality formwork for the upcoming construction project. Aluminum Formwork is the answer to many project specifications. Formwork can be designed to stay in place after the concrete pour or to be removed and reused in future projects. It is important to choose the formwork early in the building design process.
The formwork can be of several materials and can be rented or purchased depending on the size and scope of the building project. The best formwork has the maximum formwork reusability, variable standard sizes that are adaptable to each unique structure, and formwork panels that can be customized to project-specific requirements in size, shape, and dimensions. The formwork system should have easy connection mechanisms and be easy for construction workers to handle. Windows, doors, stairways, and other building features should be built into the system. The supplier should be willing to train the construction workers to use the system.
7 Essential Parts of Construction Safety and Productivity
After the correct form system has been chosen and is in use there are more proven ways to improve safety and productivity:
- During every stage of the construction, it is important for construction workers and others to have proper access because this element affects the project budget, timeline, and worker safety.
- Every construction site should take fall protection very seriously and take steps to avoid falls and injuries. Formwork and other parts of the build should meet OSHA requirements for fall protection. Builders need to provide their workers with a contained, safe, and easier to work in environment.
- Take measures to ensure the proper handling and assembly of formwork and other building components. The contractor and workers must accurately follow the engineering drawings. Not following the specifications could result in accidents and unsafe working conditions.
- Scaffolding must be provided and constructed properly with strong, approved support and safety measures.
- Any trenching required on-site should be safe from collapse or other safety concerns. Trenches should always be well-protected and designed by qualified engineers. Protective systems should be used and inspected. There should always be a way to exit the trench.
- Training all construction employees in the proper safety measures, equipment operation, and construction techniques is very important. Each person should be well-trained for the job they are performing.
- Each construction worker should be issued the proper protective equipment for head protection, eye and face protection, hand protection, and more. They should also be required to use only the correct equipment in good condition for the jobs they are performing.
Safe Building Sites
Every building site should have basic safety and productivity elements including hazard and general communication equipment and training. The electrical cables and construction system should be safe and well protected from damage and accidents such as severed cables or water damage. Debris and obstructions should be promptly removed so that the traffic of workers and equipment can flow safely and efficiently during the construction process.